Islamabad, 20th November, 2018: Federal Minister for Power Division, Mr Omer Ayub Khan addressing the opening session of CONSULTATIVE WORKSHOP on renewable energy policy jointly arranged by AEDB and PPIB...
Private Power and Infrastructure Board (PPIB) was created in 1994 as a "One-Window Facilitator" on behalf of the Government of Pakistan (GoP) to promote private investments in power sector. In 2012 PPIB was made a statutory organization through Private Power and Infrastructure Board Act 2012 (Act VI of 2012). The role of PPIB has been further expanded by the GoP by allowing it to facilitate public sector power and related infrastructure projects in IPP mode, for which PPIB's Act has been amended in November 2015...
CHINA PAKISTAN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR
● Frontrunner institution for CPEC implementation - Portfolio of US $ 20 Billion
● 12 Power Generation Projects of 11,000 MW
- 9 Coal Power Projects of 8,220 MW
- 3 Hydro Power Projects of 2,714 MW
● Pakistan's 1st HVDC Transmission Line Project
● Overall Portfolio of
- 15,468.50 MW IPPs in Operation
- 8,200 MW to be commissioned by end 2018
- 14,407 MW projects in pipeline.
● Harnessing Indigenous Resources
- 231 MW Hydro Power Projects commissioned
- 6,000 MW Hydro Power Projects under process
- 5,000 MW Thar Coal based power generation projects under development
- Successfully managed to induct 37 independent private power projects of about 15468.50 MW
- Attracted an investment of around US$ 17 billion.
- IPPs are around 50% of the country's present installed generation capacity.
- Attracted leading international / local investors and lenders to the Pakistan Power Sector.
- Contributed in development of domestic capital markets.
- Supported economic growth and enhanced power supply.
- 84 MW New Bong Hydropower Project, the first hydro IPP in Pakistan/AJK Commissioned.
- 870 MW Suki Kinari, Financial Close Achieved. Construction has been started.
- 720 MW Karot Hydropower Project achieved Financial Close. Construction has been started.
- 1320 MW PQEPCL started operation.
- 1320 MW Sahiwal Coal Power Project is operational.
- 102 MW Gulpur Hydropower Project, Construction has been started.
- 660 MW Engro Powergen Thar Limited started construction activities.
- 1230MW RLNG based Haveli Bahadur Shah started operation.
- 1180 MW RLNG based Power Project at Bhikki Sheikhupura started operation.
- 1223 MW RLNG based Balloki Power Project at Balloki Kasur started operation.